Danby DPG37GN Parcel Box
So, you love online shopping, but recently your packages have been stolen by porch pirates. Well, package theft has been increasing in the last couple of years. The more people who are taking part in online shopping; the more thieves that going to be out there looking for easy grab and go parcel theft opportunities. It’s incredible the amount of package theft that goes on in the country, according to CNBC 25 million dollars of lost goods or services are stolen everyday.
Now is the time for all online shoppers to secure their package deliveries with some sort of package protecting solution. If your not keen on the idea of letting a stranger have access to your property or travel to a Amazon package lockbox location like the CNBC article suggests, than the new Danby DPG37GN parcel box maybe your answer.
Canadian manufacturer Danby, which is a stalwart in the appliance business for over 70 years is jumping into the parcel box business too. Just recently they introduced the Danby Parcel Guard. The parcel guard is a new “smart” parcel box that includes a camera, microphone and has a smart phone app that lets you see, hear and communicate with delivery drivers when they make a delivery to your home. If your looking for more information on their smart parcel box, we reviewed the Danby Parcel Guard in an earlier post.
Well, the Danby DPG37GN the latest parcel box in their collection. Danby is renowned for their innovation and quality appliances. They used that same innovation to produce these new parcel boxes. Basically the Danby DPG37GN is the Parcel Guard without the smart features like the camera, app and microphone. What it does have is the same solid structure that protects your package deliveries from poor weather and package thieves. It allows all the deliveries to take place securely and safely to your doorstep without any hassle.
Features Of The Danby DPG37GN
- Weather Resistant: Industrial grade plastic designed to withstand poor weather conditions.
- Theft Resistant: Parcel slot designed to help stop thieves hands from entering the parcel slot.
- Locking Compartment: Bottom parcel compartment is fitted with a lock.
- Secured by Bolts: Parcel box can be weighted down with sand or bolted to a surface.
- Parcel Opening: 15 x 10 x 8 inch opening allows standard size packages to fit into it.
- Danby DPG37GN: Costs considerably less than the Danby Parcel Guard.
- Warranty: Comes with a 24 month warranty.
- Easy Installation: Open the box and its ready to use, no time consuming set up.
The parcel box is waterproof. If you have to leave it uncovered on your property the plastic shell will keep rain water out of the parcel compartment.
Deal Alert! Enjoy free shipping and more with a Amazon Prime membership.
Easy To Set Up
Just open the box and the Danby DPG37GN is ready to go. A red flag does come with the package delivery box, if you want to alert delivery people that there is an outgoing parcel or such, you need to attach this flag to the unit. Mounting hardware comes with the unit and can be used to secure it from the bottom or the back to keep it from moving. Weight such as sand or rocks can be put in the bottom of the unit to keep it from moving or more difficult to be carried away.
What Are The Cons To This Parcel Box?
- Limited Size: Many parcels will fit, but some larger parcels won’t fit into the Danby DPG37GN.
- It’s Not The Parcel Guard: It looks just like the Danby Parcel Guard, it lacks the smart features.
- Standing Water: Customers complain that standing water on top of the unit, can get in box when opening the front parcel door.
- Delivery Drivers Ignore It: Unless you use delivery signs, some delivery people won’t use it.
Danby Parcel Guard vs Danby DPG37GN
What are the differences between these two similar but different parcel delivery boxes? The obvious similarities are they are made by the same company and they look alike. Here are some differences listed below.
- Has a Smart Phone App
- Has a camera installed in Parcel Guard and it can be viewed via the App on your Smart Phone.
- Has a microphone installed in Parcel Guard & it can be used via the App on your Smart Phone.
- Has a digital keypad that allows you to open parcel chamber without key.
- Parcel chamber can be unlocked or locked by Smart Phone anywhere through App.
- Parcel Guard has weight sensor in parcel chamber that triggers delivery notifications to owner through Smart Phone App.
Danby DPG37GN & Parcel Guard
- Weather Resistant industrial strength plastic structure.
- Same size 15 x 10 x 8 inch parcel opening for accepting packages.
- Parcel Boxes are same size overall with identical storage capacity.
- Parcel chamber has a traditional lock and key on both units.
- Both units can by weighted down with sand or bolted to structure or the ground.
Is The Danby Parcel Guard Too Much?
Many people already own a video doorbell and in some cases you have the feature that allows you to speak through it with your Smart Phone. So, some the features you may already have at your property. Overall, the Danby DPG37GN does offer a secure option that’s weatherproof at nearly half the price. There is value in the notifications and the smart phone features of the parcel guard but ultimately those are decisions the buyer will have to make on their own.
If your tired of picking up your deliveries at the post office because you’ve been burned by package bandits or tired of asking your neighbors to accept your deliveries when your not home. Maybe it’s time to look into a new parcel box. The Danby DPG37GN offers durability and protection from potential issues with theft and Mother Nature. With a secure parcel box you can shop online easier without the worry that packages will get ruined or stolen at your doorstep.
You can find all these items referenced above in Couponsvsdeals.com store simply by typing the product into the search bar.
If you liked this article, please share this with your friends and family & check out the slider below with other articles we wrote.
Please follow us on Twitter!
— CouponsvsDeals.com (@couponsvsdeals) March 4, 2020